Autumn is well and truly here and before I go pumpkin mad for Halloween, I thought I would share a lovely Little Make inspired by two fruits that are in abundance at this time of year. This fancy little apple and pear combo is a great project for children of all ages and is almost guaranteed to look great displayed in your home!
Little ones love collage and all the sparkly bits that come along with it but usually they glue to flat card or paper. This project gives them the opportunity to consider the different angles of a 3D shape and its sculptural properties whilst still having plenty of sticky fingered, sequin and pompom fun!
YOU WILL NEED . . .
My Little Makes templates APPLE & PEAR
corrugated cardboard (roughly A4 size for each piece of fruit)
acrylic or poster paint (red, light green, dark green, brown)
collage materials such as sequins, small bits of coloured paper or card, mini pompoms, stickers etc
1. Print and cut out the apple and pear templates provided and draw around on corrugated card.
2. Use a craft knife to carefully cut out the shapes* and then slot together. If the pieces don't quite line up, you can cut a slightly longer slot but don't worry too much as the join won't show once painted and collaged.
3. Paint your fruit and let dry. You may need to apply two coats.
4. Glue collage materials to your fruit using PVA glue and allow plenty of time to dry before handling.
* For safety, an adult should do this
Enjoy making your 3D Autumn fruits and remember to use the hashtag #mylittlemakes_ to share any great photos over on Instagram.